Gympp is a great way for gyms to reach out to a vast community. A few things you should keep in mind:
- Keep your listing updated: While our team makes every effort to keep information on Gympp up-to-date, we appreciate you informing us if you get a new phone number or alter your prices. If your timings change and your listing is not updated, customers arriving late won’t be too happy with you (or Gympp).
- Reviews: We understand that gym owners and affiliates might be the most passionate about fitness, so you can continue to share your workout experiences with the world. All we ask is that you maintain objectivity while doing so, and avoid writing reviews of your own gym(s) or of your competitors. We might have to delete your profile if we find you reviewing competitors or your own gym(s).
- Don’t solicit reviews: The best way to get reviews is to delight customers with your ambiance and service. Selective solicitation is a strict NO, and offering any type of compensation or kick-back for reviews is unfair, so you definitely want to keep away from that, too.
- Respond to criticism positively: Take two deep breaths when you get a negative review. Three, if required. This happens to all gyms who have customers. These customers are always right, even when they are wrong. Take the unflattering reviews as constructive feedback and use it as an opportunity to fix things. Whether you agree with the feedback or not, take the criticism in good stride. You can reply with a management response (coming soon) to show you care, but please don’t use this as a platform to hit back or offer the customer an incentive to edit their review.
- Be accountable: Gympp will not moderate any questionable activities about your gym posted in reviews. (e.g. serving fitness drugs and supplements where it is not permitted, giving trainings to minors who are not physically fit for those trainings, or staying open later than permitted). First names of employees and mentions of owners will also be left immoderate. This business requires thick skin – stating the perceived attitude of owners or employees and reporting of individual actions are not considered personal attacks. We always give the benefit of the doubt to the reviewer.
- It’s also important to note that we (Gympp) have no employees or affiliates who are paid to review. If any guest identifies themselves as an official blogger, review employee, or associate of Gympp, it’s not true.
Employees of Gympp are contractually and ethically forbidden from using their status to solicit free subscriptions or receive special treatment. If you observe any such practice, report it to [email protected] Appropriate action will be taken against the user or employee if evidence can be provided.