While we encourage you to voice your opinion and describe your fitness clubs experiences, there are a few things we expect from every user on Gympp:
- Keep it relevant: Please keep your contributions relevant to Gympp. If it doesn’t have anything to do with your experience, it’s best to leave it out. Accounts placing irrelevant, inappropriate, or promotional content, which solicit customers, or that spam gym pages, will be deleted (with or without notice). Sorry!
- Keep it clean: Whether you’re writing a punchy 140-character snippet or a delightfully detailed account of your workout at Gym, keep foul/abusive/hateful language, SMS-lingo, threats, and lewdness out of it. We just like you, hate junk and will delete it whenever we see it. This also includes (but is not limited to) personal attacks on an individual, derogatory comments on someone’s protected characteristics (e.g. race, gender, religion), or indication of a personal vendetta against a business and its associates.
- Keep it fresh: Only one review per gymshould be submitted; you’re most recent experience at a place counts, and that’s what is going to help people when they’re trying to decide whether or not to join there. You’re free to edit and update your review of a gym based on subsequent visits at any time, report it to help@Gympp.com
- Keep it real: Write your review based on facts and your own experiences (not a friend’s). Please don’t exaggerate or falsify your experience. We do not take sides in cases of dispute, so make sure you can stand by your words. Content that indicates the reviewer hasn’t even visited the gym will be removed. For example, “Never been here, never want to, Management is horrible and the service is worse!” Deceptive, fake, or misleading reviews will be removed.
- Don’t steal: Plagiarism is something we take seriously. Copying others’ reviews or photos, or even re-posting your own (in full or in part), is something that will not be tolerated. We trust that you’ll play fair and create your own content.
- Tell the whole story, not just links: If you luck into a free meal or dine as a guest of the gym, give full disclosure in your review. We’re sure that honesty is the best policy, and other users will respect you even more for it. If you have made it to the major league as a fitness writer or critic, let us know and we can provide special access for your blog link to appear with your reviews. We love summaries, but incomplete reviews with a manually added link will be removed.
- Be yourself: Your profile is your identity on Gympp, so keep it real. You’re welcome to use a screen name, but please refrain from using inappropriate names, bios, or profile images. We want to stay clean, and we might end up removing your account depending on how inappropriate your profile is.
- Don’t misrepresent: Identifying or promoting yourself as an official Gympp blogger, or soliciting compensation or freebies in exchange for promotion on Gympp will NOT be tolerated. If multiple reports or evidence of such instances are brought to our attention, we reserve the right to delete your Gympp profile, no questions asked.
- Play by the rules: The reviews and photos you add should be in compliance with Gympp’s Terms and Conditions, as well as local laws and regulations. Local laws take precedence, and content may be moderated to adhere to these.
- Seek help from the right people: Gympp is a website and mobile application with no claims to be a court of law or a ministry of health (we aren’t serious enough to do those jobs). If you have a dispute with a gym, or if you feel a gym does not measure up to health codes, we encourage you to contact the appropriate authorities directly.
Gympp’s automated spam filters remove suspicious reviews, comments, and ratings without notifying the person who wrote them. Additionally, we have a team that checks every review and photo that’s submitted; in this case, please understand that moderation is subjective and can completely depend on the mood of the moderator. If your review is altered or deleted because it doesn’t match up to the Gympp Code of Conduct you won’t likely receive an email from Gympp. To make sure you don’t get on the wrong side of our moderators, be fair and objective. If you feel your review was deleted in error, email us at help@Gympp.com.
Gympp provides gym information for free, but in no way do we take responsibility for gyms’ actions, service, equipment, or the experience they provide. While we provide an advertising platform for gyms, we do not endorse or represent them in any way. We look to fellow fitness buffs to share their experiences so others know what to expect at a gym.